#1 02-01-2019 03:27:58

douhua2233
Nouveau membre

Are you afraid of Washington

Are you afraid of Washington? Carolina’s next road trip is a Week 6 contest against the Washington football team. They are not the scariest match-up on paper Womens Greg Van Roten Jersey , but Cincinnati taught us last week that not every tiger is what it seems. Washington is going to be a tougher game than you might expect.You’re going to hear a lot in these columns about trap games. 2018 is full of them. The idea is the team could get caught looking past one opponent because a tougher one is on the horizon. Week 7, for example, is another trip north. The Panthers will face the reigning Super Bowhttp://www.sndpic.com//nike_nfl_jerseys/nike_carolina_panthers/nike_panthers_203.jpgl Champion Philadelphia Eagles — a team which handed the Panthers a bitterly close loss last year. I don’t think that will be the case with this game.Alex Smith is the former 1st overall pick turned average journeyman game manager that everyone who isn’t honest with themselves thinks Cam Newton should be. He can run a little and he can throw short and intermediate balls pretty well, but he’s not known for leading heroic fourth quarter comebacks or striking fear into the hearts of defenses with his deep ball accuracy. He shouldn’t be a game breaking concern.Adrian Peterson is no longer the guy that wins games all by himself. He has lost a step in his old age. Even if he hadn’t, the Panthers have traditionally done very well defending against him. His best game against them required 20 carries to total 84 yards and a single touchdown in 2011. That was three careers ago for most running backs.If it seems weird to you that I am pointing out all of the reasons why Washington shouldn’t be frightening in a column that is supposed to point out all of the reasons why Washington is frightening then you may have forgotten who their opponent is in Week 6. This is exactly the kind of team that Carolina would lose to. Their kryptonite is middle-of-the-road-at-best players and teams that step up and have career days. Remember Thomas Rawls and Andre Brown.Regardless of who is on the schedule or when, the Panthers have a time honored tradition of winning games they had no business being in and losing games they shouldn’t. Their loss to the Bears last season comes to mind.It even features a similar formula with an uninspiring offense and a highly competent defense. This isn’t 2015. The Panthers have yet to prove they are a cut above the rest of the league. I hope I’m wrong, but this game feels all too familiar. Cam Newton took a shotgun snap and set up in a clean pocket, surveying the field from sideline to sideline. The star quarterback had time and an open receiver in the end zone, giving the Carolina Panthers a chance to convert a go-ahead Youth Ryan Kalil Jersey , 2-point conversion against the Detroit Lions.Newton, though, wasted the opportunity by sliding to his left and sailing an off-balance throw behind and over Jarius Wright.Instead of earning a comeback win to bolster playoff hopes, Newton's errant pass with 1:07 left allowed Detroit to hold on for a 20-19 win over Carolina on Sunday."I let this team down and I've just got to be better," Newton said.Carolina coach Ron Rivera went for the win after Newton threw his third touchdown pass to rookie receiver DJ Moore , who leaped in the corner of the end zone to make the catch."I think you go for 2 on the road," Rivera said.Rivera would not budge on the reasoning behind the aggressive call when pressed whether he made it because usually reliable kicker Graham Gano missed an extra point and a field goal earlier."I was going for the win," he said. "That's the bottom line."Newton's line looked good, going 25 of 37 for 357 yards with three touchdowns and an interception. But with a chance to help the Panthers (6-4) avoid losing two straight for the first time this season and at least improve their wild-card positioning Youth Greg Olsen Jersey , Newton failed to deliver a relatively simple pass in a pressure-packed situation."This game is such a humbling game at times," he said. "Today, I was humbled."Detroit coach Matt Patricia insisted he wasn't surprised by Rivera's decision."They had good momentum going into that situation," Patricia said.The Lions (4-6) recovered an onside kick to seal the victory and end a season-high three-game losing streak. They were in a position to win after Matthew Stafford threw a go-ahead, 19-yard touchdown pass to Kenny Golladay with 5:19 left. Stafford rolled to his right and threw toward the end zone, connecting with Golladay, who leaped just inside the 5 and landed in the end zone with a score that stood after review."He just gave me a nice, pretty, high ball http://www.panthersfootballauthentic.co … -authentic ," Golladay said. "I like balls like that for me to just use my size, hands, athletic ability to go up there and make the catch."Stafford was 23 of 37 for 220 yards with a touchdown. Golladay had eight catches for 113 yards and his go-ahead touchdown help keep Detroit's fading hopes of saving its season alive."We're playing for everything," linebacker Jarrad Davis said. "We went down so many games, we know we can't lose another one, so it's do or die at this point."PIVOTAL PLAYMoore turned a short pass into an 82-yard gain in the third quarter and would have scored if Darius Slay didn't tackle him at the 12. Slay was on the opposite side of the field when Moore made his catch, and the cornerback chased down the speedy receiver from behind."That's a huge play," Patricia said. "Great hustle."Four plays later, Gano hit the left upright on a 34-yard field goal after making 28 straight for the longest active streak in the NFL. Gano also missed an extra point in the fourth period http://www.panthersfootballauthentic.co … -authentic , leaving Carolina in a 13-13 tie and leading to its decision to go for the 2-point conversion."This is a really tough game to swallow because I could have helped us get a win," Gano said. "But I can't try to tear my technique down and start over."SILVER LININGMoore, a first-round pick, made the most of his opportunities to play more without injured receiver Torrey Smith in the lineup. Moore had seven receptions for 157 yards 鈥?both season highs 鈥?and the score that pulled the Panthers within a point late in the game.INJURY REPORTPanthers: Newton left the game briefly in the third quarter with an apparent ankle injury. CB Donte Jackson went out in the second quarter with what looked like an ankle injury, but returned.Lions: Detroit rookie RB Kerryon Johnson left in the third with a left knee injury and didn't return after running for 87 yards and a touchdown on 15 carries. Patricia said he didn't have an update on Johnson's condition.UP NEXTPanthers: Host Seattle on Sunday.Lions: Host Chicago on Thursday.

#2 21-02-2021 17:36:26

havi
Bavard

Re: Are you afraid of Washington

#3 24-03-2021 12:58:45

Candice Johnson
Nouveau membre

Re: Are you afraid of Washington

Sharing updates are quite tremendous and the number of football lovers would be happy to have that update. Nowadays because of critical Covid situation the matches and the gathering is banned and people should follow the rules. Anyway thanks for the best essay writing services tremendous sports related updates.

Pied de page des forums

Propulsé par FluxBB
Traduction par FluxBB.fr